Monday, November 23, 2009

It's a Wrap!

My blog has been quiet the past couple weeks because of a slight (but uncomfortable) carpal tunnel flair up. I blame work (with aspirations for independent wealth) so I was using what wrist tolerance I had toward Christmas knitting. Which is nearing completion, Hooray!

Now I have nearly 90% of all Christmas gifts purchased (I draw two names on Turkey day) and stashed away in our hobby room. I can't wait to wrap and put them under the tree. The tradition on our house used to be to wait until the Saturday before Christmas and my husband and I would wrap the presents together that way he could see what I bought for everyone. However that tradition turned into him eating pizza and watching a movie and doing very little wrapping and me glaring laser daggers at him while I wrap. So this year I decided I would wrap a little at a time during the week while hubby is at work. Now that he's on 2nd shift and working 60 hours a week I have a feeling that his interest in wrapping is going to be even less than usual.

I don't mind wrapping really. I used to work at Hallmark for a wrap Nazi so I learned how to do it fast and tight. The biggest challenge is to keep the curious kitties from laying on the gifts and tearing the paper. Sigh, I've given up on ribbons long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment