Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First Snow

Right now the first substantial snow of the season is falling. Right now as I sit in the gentle glow of the lit Christmas Tree and warming my hands on a mug of hot cocoa, snow is falling silently outside. Tomorrow everything will look new covered in a soft blanket of white.

I love snow, especially the first snow. As Lorelei Gilmore would say, "It's like catnip." I love how quiet everything gets when it snows. How every breath you breathe is bracing. How the cold, crisp air tingles on your cheeks and nose making you feel alive and invigorated all over. How tiny flakes stick to you hair and gloves reminding you that each one is a miniature miracle. I love to just take a few moments to watch the snow fall and just 'be'.

It's a jungle out there... take care of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment