Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Fib

Today I took the coward's way out of a commitment and told a fib of an exagerated illness, which as karma would have it totally back fired on me. I had made a commitment at the start of the weekend that I would go to a 'party' in which it is expected to make a purchase at the end of said party.

Then when I woke up this morning I just did not have the mind set to go. I started looking around the apartment at all the things the need done or I could get done instead. So, I called hostess with the compliant of a 'cold' knowing that she would insist I stay home.
Since she is a family member I knew I couldn't just pull a 'no-show' so I thought this was a kinder way to go. But what I didn't know was that someone I would really like to see came because they thought I was coming. Dang it! The news almost inspired a Monty Python 'Holy Grail' style miraculous recovery.

Karma, what an unrelenting tormentor. So now I'm stuck, feeling horribly guilty over my fib. Now the wind just go sucked out of my sails to actually complete what I had originally intended in the first place. Maybe this feeling is my penance for not sucking it up, putting on my big girl pants and honoring my commitment... but everyone lies, right? But I guess I just need to be more prepared to pay the price next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment