Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Year of Knitting

I just realized this morning that this Friday, January 15, will be my one year knitting anniversary. I remember walking into my local yarn shop for my first lesson. By the end I had nearly mastered the knit stitch but the purl stitch was so vexing at the time I am pretty sure the instructor was seriously going to slap my hand. When I went back the next week, having practiced until my fingers cramped, I could knit AND purl! Since then knitting has become such a large part of my life and the savior of my sanity I can't imagine life without it.

In honor of my sophomore year of knitting, I am challenging myself to share all my projects on this blog. I am also going to attempt... {drum roll, please} to learn socks! I love to wear socks but as far as knitting goes I am so nervous about knitting with tiny little needles and skinny yarn. AND to make matters worse... you have to make two and I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be the same. EEEKK!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first year of knitting. I have to agree with you knitting has saved my sanity many a times. Welcome to the wonderful world of socks if I can knit them anyone can. I learned using Silver sock tutorial over on Rav good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats
    the 15th also marks my 3rd year knitting :)
    Go for it socks are great. You can always start on bigger needles and thicker yarn until you get the feel for it. They make great slipper socks :)

    ReplyDelete