Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's Raining Babies...

In my world right now it is raining babies. A dear friend of mine and his beautiful bride are expecting the stork (because to me, that's how babies arrive) March 1st. And my stepbrother and his wonderful wife are expecting mid to late April. Both couples are expecting boys. So for the first time ever I am looking up and knitting baby patterns. Dear readers, I sure hope babies are not contagious!

Anyway, since "I don't know nothin' about birthin' no babies, Miss Scarlet" it is a challenge for me to get my mind set toward babies. Even though I am actually a little scared of babies, I could not be more thrilled for these two couples because I know that these babies will have so much love and joy waiting for them when they arrive, unfortunately that is not always the case these days.

So ... I knit a hat and starting, can you believe it... a sock! A little tiny baby sock. I started to make those little mitts that go over their hands so the little buggers don't scratch themselves (one of the few things I do know) but survey says... it may be too big for a newborn.

Here is the mitt and the start of the sock. All knitted in Lion Brand Organic Cotton, pistachio green.

Here is the precious little hat... which may be too big for a newborn but is too cute to not give!

No comments:

Post a Comment