Thursday, September 17, 2009

Morning Marauder

There is an early morning marauder in my house. It strikes most mornings around 4 am. As I slumber peacefully, there is movement by my head, followed by a faint noise not unlike a lawnmower from a great distance. Then there is gentle and tentative touch to my nose. I try to ignore the marauder in hopes of discouraging any further action. But then there is another gentle but more insistent touch to my head. Still feigning sleep, I try to ignore it but it has become relentless with all decorum gone now.
I open one eye to see a familiar furry face and inquisitive green eyes staring back at me as if to say "Breakfast?". I pry myself from the bed and stumble out to the dining room to the food dish that has been sitting out all night still containing food. I rattle the dish and the marauder comes running and settles down to have a small snack. I crawl back to bed lamenting "Who is really in charge here?" But I swiftly fall back to sleep for at least another two hours.







Youngest whisker kid Sullivan: Cuddly Kitty or Early Morning Marauder?

No comments:

Post a Comment