Monday, September 28, 2009

The Three Faces of Me

I suspect that the Tivo thinks I have multiple personalities. My husband does use the Tivo to record shows but I am the main recorder in our house. It all starts with PBS. We don't have cable and I love PBS. I record documentaries, cooking and craft shows, British comedies and travel shows. I record A LOT off PBS. Then I sit at home and 'brainiac it ' up! And I also like things like Sex and the City and other sitcoms. So I do have varied interest in TV and like a lot of stuff most people would only watch under severe duress (like losing the remote).

The catch is that Tivo is intuitive and it records things that it thinks you may like. Our suggestion list ranges from Julia Child (good) and Katie Curac (OK) and Frasier (Very Good) to The Simpsons (Huh?) and That 70's Show (Really?) and 90210 (NO Way!!). Maybe I mislead the Tivo because I don't always thumbs down things right away because it is interesting to see what it picks for me based on the info I've given it thus far. Sometimes I think that it cannot possibly suggest The American Experience AND The Simpsons to the same person. On the other hand, maybe my alter ego gets up in the middle of the night, watches 'Jerry Springer', Dr. Phil and The Simpsons while eating Bologna and Wonder bread sandwiches (I'm a vegetarian). Who knows?

It's a jungle out there... take care of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment