Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On the 100th day 'til Christmas, my true love gave to me..

Today is 100 days until Christmas. I am all a quiver with excitement. I love Christmas. I love decorating. I love buying/making gifts for others. I love the music and the movies. Suffice to say, I love Christmas.
The air was cool and crisp this morning and filled me with anticipation of fall and turned my thoughts toward Christmas. I usually start my shopping/planning pretty early. I think that is the reason why I love Christmas because I do hate a crowd.
I try to make several gifts especially for friends and extended family. My projects range from baking to knitting to various up-cycled DYI projects. This year one of my goals is to try and stimulate the local economy by doing more shopping at locally owned stores. This also helps me to avoid the dreaded altar of consumerism...The mall. So fake and plastic, I hate the mall and the soul sucking experience that it is and try to only go there if absolutely necessary.

Here are a few pictures of a couple things I'm working on for the Yude-tide season:














Here is the Irish Walking Scarf pattern I found on Raverly.






I'm going to turn these outdated floppy disks into coasters using scrapbook paper.
I have a bunch of projects in the hopper, so I'd better get started.
Signing off..
It's a jungle out there, take care of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment