Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown...

Living in an apartment, we don't get many trick or treaters, so this year I stole a great idea from a good friend of mine... we're doing a great pumpkin. The plan is to put together sacks of goodies for my two youngest nephews 3 and 5 (all my other nephews are in their 20's) and leave it on their doorstep from "The Great Pumpkin".

My husband and I had a ball picking out candy and other fun stuff to give the boys. Then today I went to Target and got more fun stuff. I admit the Great Pumpkin did go a little crazy. We got a flashing jack-o lantern necklace, a pez dispenser (classic!), stickers, tongue tattoos, hot wheels cars, AND a light up gyroscope. The gyroscopes came three to a pack so I had to keep one to make sure its safe, you can never be too careful (hee hee). I only wish I can be there to see them open it but, alas, the Great Pumpkin must remain anonymous.


Now that I look a picture of the haul, I think we may become very unpopular with the parents. It may be best to lie low for a while after this...

No comments:

Post a Comment