Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pennies from Heaven...

The holidays are quickly approaching and in this economy it's sometimes hard to find the funds for those little extras, let alone Christmas gifts. For the past couple years, I have had a Christmas Club account. I have a automatic transfer put $35 a paycheck (biweekly) into the account and come October when I'm ready to start really shopping the money is there waiting for me. And the funny thing is that all year I never missed the money going into the account. Not once.

Another tool I use to help plan and control holiday spending is an excel spreadsheet. This may sound uber-geeky but I use it to make my list and layout a budget for each member of the family. Since I start shopping really early it helps me to not over-spend and keep things relatively even.

If you're looking for some more money saving tips, check out these articles I found on the web:

Find $1,000 by the holidays

Seven daily routines to break

No comments:

Post a Comment