Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Yarn Fondler and the Cat Whisperer

OK, so embarrassing day for me. I don't really get embarrassed all that often. Its kind of a game in my family to see who can be the craziest in public and embarrass the others, there once was an incident when I was a teen shopping for my first bra that from which I never quite recovered.

So after work, I head over to my local yarn store to pick up some yarn (duh) for another Christmas request (drat another scarf!). As I meander through the store, I touch and pet and stroke and yes, fondle the yarn. I rub it on my cheek, caress it on my neck. I am making a scarf, after all. As I am rubbing some super soft yarn on my cheek I give it a little sniff. I just can't help myself! As I am doing this I hear, "Can I help you?" I about jump out of my skin! Oh God! I'm sure she didn't see me sniff the yarn exactly but I'm sure my reaction gave away something weird was going on. I am a new knitter but I'm pretty sure sniffing may be out of bounds behavior in a yarn store.

Then I get home and I am famished. I don't really feel like cooking so I hem and haw awhile before deciding to treat myself to some McDonald's. Since I am leaving again so soon the cats look sad. I always think they look sad when I leave but I may be projecting. So I say out loud in my 'cutesy talking to the cats' voice (yes, I talk to the cats) as I am walking out the door "Don't worry Meow-Meows. Mama will be home real soon for good." And then I hear "Hi."

OH GOD.

Its our neighbor man across the hall.

The thing about talking to yourself, which, face it, talking to the cats really is talking to myself, is eventually someone will hear you. I tried to just play it off like I didn't say anything at all and hurried to my car where I burst out laughing!

What a day! Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll accidentally grab someone inappropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment